Sunday, May 26, 2013

It's So Beautiful Out

I just felt like randomly musing about things in the world and in life.

I've been thinking about the future a lot lately, and also about what I am, and how fucked up the world is when I fully understand myself, but it's okay, because between the dark bits are radiant points of light that, while blinding sometimes, are truly remarkable and beautiful.  Let me explain a bit, so I don't sound like I took a whole bunch or E or joined some cult.

I've grown used to underestimating myself and thinking I'm alone in all of this.  Long-time readers might remember my January post "I Slept Too Long," and see that I tend to not do things out of a fear of not being good enough.  Well, truth is, I still haven't progressed much in some ways from January.  I still haven't chosen a college for a Bachelors, I still don't have a job, and I still haven't taken my EMT Exam, and it might lapse to the point where I have to take a Core class just to take the test again.  However, I have written so much, and planned so much, and I am in the process of possibly getting a pretty decent job.  Also, the possibility of a secondary, supplemental income from this blog is possible.  In January, I had only 256 views on my blog, and in a few short months I have gotten over 500 views a month, and growing.

Of course, I don't say this to mention that this is the beginnings of a supplementary income, no, this is bigger. I am sharing my views and my thoughts to the world, and that was why this blog was established in the first place, it's why the name is "Musings of a Lehigh Valley Guy."  Sure, I muse about gaming a lot, and write about gaming a lot, but I try to, in some posts, link it all to the here and now.  And I think I have been, so far, effective in expressing my thoughts that way.  I never thought I would have my thoughts read by so many.  I've talked about the deepest of philosophy to the inspiration real life can give to fiction, to how fiction can affect real-life, joy at April Poetry Month, to even a bit about dodgeball and Tina Turner in chainmail.

When I checked my stats for my blog a few months ago, back in March, I also received the sobering proof that not only am I read about here in the US, but globally to.  In fact, I have noticed that my blog has quite a readership in Russia and Germany.  I remember seeing once that I had three readers from Japan, and I remember remarking to Destiny about it, about how interesting it was to have readers from all over the world.  I might not be the biggest blog out there.... yet, but reading that made me realize just how big of an impact blogging has.  It's like being an ambassador of sorts, and that is both awesome and terrifying.

My Blogiversary is next month on the 12th.  So, just for you guys, my readers, I will be doing a 12 Days of Blogging journey counting down the days from June 1st-12th.  Oh sure, a Blogathon might not be the greatest of presents, but right now, I'm poor, so a Give-Away is out of the question, and if I was to do a video, I will have to plan it out.  So we have, starting on June 1st:

12 Zodiac Jokes
11 Doctor Who Thoughts
10 things on a Top-Ten
9 Philosophies
8 Campaign Tidbits (My World)
7 Hints to my Game
6 Days a Sacrifice (totally not a hint to anything)
5 Biggest Fuck-Ups!
4 Cat Pics
3 Epic Locales
2 Staff Rolls
And an epic Blogiversary

Once again, I want to extend a pre-Blogiversary Bash thanks to all my viewers.  Thank you, спасибо, dankeschön, ありがとう, and see ya then.

Well, see ya tomorrow with some Table Plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment