Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Goddess of Awesome Did a Thing!

Hey guy, guess what?  This month is National Poetry Month.  Obviously I have just discovered this for the most part; just like how yesterday was that one day where people make practical jokes on each other.

Today started out like any other, I watch doctor who, do some chores around the house, and talk to Destiny.  Well, when she came home she made a video entry into Gabriel Gadfly's Poetry Matters movement.  No sooner she does this that not only is her video on Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook, but now, on my blog as well.  I think her entry is amazing, and I'm sure you all have guessed how I feel about her, so here is her video:



I am so proud of her, and her involvement in Poetry Matters and Poetry Month.  I to, think that poetry matters.  I might not read a lot of it, and what I do write might not be the best, but I think poetry is beautiful and important.

In fact *puts on thoughtful specs and sits on a chair next to a fireplace* I shall post for you one of my own:

A Rhythmic Poem about Memories


On my darkest days
I look back
Take a breath
And pull out my box of wishes
My wish box includes
Ticket stubs
Token coins
And memories of hope and love
The light in my heart
Shines brighter
Burns longer
Because you are my true treasure
The box has more than
Ticket stubs
Token coins
It holds you and me together

No comments:

Post a Comment