Monday, February 25, 2013

Of Home Made Pizza and Tiesto

So this past weekend was my monthly trip to hang out with Destiny, which was looked forward to so much more than every little kid that looks forward to presents on Christmas.  Not only was I able to spend time with the most amazing woman, nay, person that I know, but I was also able to be in Philadelphia, this city I have come to love so much, in all its little quirks, despite all the dark and festering sins and crimes (and now I am thinking of the song Graveyard Shift from the never-finished Batman musical, lyrics by Jim Steinman).  I guess, despite being born and raised in the country, I think I might be a city boy at heart, then again I am a reviving pool of Greco-Roman faith and the coolness of the the Roaring 20's.

So after parking and walking to where she stays, all the little anxieties (i.e. idiotic and aggressive drivers, if I left my incense burning or my space heater on lol) just melted away.  Friday began for me at that moment, despite waking up earlier and watching Boston Legal with mom.  So we hung out, watched more Sherlock (we polished off the whole series so far.  Steve Moffat, you did it.... again)

Cumberbatch, Moffat, and Smith.  And by again, I mean 
work on a well done series.
 Saturday we went to the Academy of Natural Sciences at Drexel so she could finish up some work for her one class and to just spend the day walking around especially to see the butterflies.  Was hard to get a picture of them, especially the Blue Morpho, which was her favorite.  The red one flew away right when the picture was taken, but then again, we got a nice picture of a butterfly in flight.  Afterwards we went to the Tiesto concert.  Keep in mind that my usual music is the likes of rock and metal, with maybe spatterings of other genres thrown in.  Do I like techno and EDM (electronic dance music)?  Yeah, I've listened to a bit before, like Deadmau5, but nothing major.  I was once going to go to an EDM/Techno festival with a few friends, including Wallet Girl, but the plans fell through.  So Saturday was my first major introduction to the genre you can say.  I went with an open mind, and I really did enjoy myself.  I danced for almost five hours straight, and the Liacouras Center had a place to get my boneless wings.  By Jove, I got to have my boneless wings!

Sunday we polished off the rest of Sherlock, and she made pasta for dinner, after which I had to leave.  She had plans for that night and I wanted to get home before the special on the Second Doctor came on (made it just in time).  This is, of course, a cursory overview of the weekend.  There are always personal moments that one treasures, and become selfish and not want to share them with others, even if its just words on a web page.  Those written memories are saved for just me and her in our own version of the River Song Journal.

And I'm sure this is what it will look like within a few years
She got me the journal on my birthday and wrote down the memories of the past few times we hung out, and a few other things as well, and I do the sameEach visit we pass off the journal to the other, having it be their turn to have to read and write in.  This is my turn now and I have begun to write in it.  It is an amazing work this journal, and a birthday gift that I treasure a lot.  And yes, Destiny and I are very close indeed. :-)

One last thing.  I decided to add an awesome page on the side bar there.  Another blog, which should be an answer to just how well done I think Sherlock is.

No comments:

Post a Comment