Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Wallet

Yes, I am quite aware that I said that my next blog post would be about Amadeus Quicksilver the "Naked Paladin", however, I have a more heart-warming story to begin our year with, a story about belated Christmas/Solstice gifts and the insanity of not knowing if the person you are giving the gifts to will have it, and a bit of heart-warmingness at the end.

I needed a new wallet, my old pleather Twilight Princess wallet was, well, looking worse than the Zelda CD-I games.

Mah boi, this wallet is what all TRUE warriors strive for!

After getting a big payment from my now-ended seasonal job, I decided to buy a few gifts for myself.  One was buffalo wings, to which I have become addicted to. I mean seriously, I blacked out one night while on my laptop and woke up dressed, in my truck, on the way to Applebees for boneless buffalo wings.  Its like my survival instincts kicked in, or like I was possessed by something that needed me to get buffalo wings.  Anyway, another gift, from Barnes and Noble, was the game Talisman, which is kick-ass! I mean, I think I have a new favorite board game, and I'm pretty sure I can play it drunk, unlike Trivial Pursuit

QUESTION: Name of a documentary that details the story of a man who dies studying 
grizzlies.  Ron White's joke was my answer.  Don't play Trivial Pursuit drunk!

I also bought myself a flip wallet that is Zelda related.  Now some of you that can read context clues in the opening can see where this is heading.  If not, well, read on, it's gonna get a bit crazy up in here!
I hung out with an amazing woman today, whom I am very close with and have known for a long time.  She and I got gifts for each other.  Before the exchange though, I wanted to buy a Vitamin Water, and she noticed I had a Zelda wallet, and got despondent.  Naturally I am concerned, until we exchange our gifts and mine was, you guessed it, a Zelda wallet!  Not the same kind I bought, in fact, it was a bajillion times more awesome :D

However, she was still a bit despondent, so I proceeded to exchange everything from the previous wallet to this new one.  Though we joked about how it was funny and calling ti a "bad" gift, the smile I had and my act in changing my stuff over to the new wallet I'm sure cemented to her that I loved the gift.

I texted her later, telling her, basically, that when I: "saw the Zelda wallet, I was so touched.  I tink I only mentioned it once to you, and you thought enough about it to get me it."  It was a long text, and that quote doesn't even begin to paraphrase it (okay, it kind of does, but still).  However, this gift made me think.  We might go out and buy ourselves all our heart's desires, but a heartfelt gift from the people you are close to and adore and love are better than anything you could buy yourself.

Happy New Year everyone, I hope 2013 is filled with a whole bunch of amazing and fantastic gifts.





P.S.: Seriously, don't drink and Trivial Pursuit, or else you rely on a d4 to make your choices, and your answers become things like "Blue color for blue, so my answer is Bluey McBluerson!"


There is the titular wallet that was my gift.  <3, just <3

No comments:

Post a Comment