Friday, January 25, 2013

BLARGHer

Moments ago I posted my forth entry in Pagan Blog Project, and here I am making another post the same day, it's a twofer today people :D

However, this blog is not an informative jaunt through the Pagan traditions or through nerdom, oh no...

...this log is a RANT!






This morning, I copy and pasted my Baphomet blog from my word file i typed up a few days ago, to this blog.  Now, when I do that, in the writing, I have little notations like (INSERT PIC HERE) or (THIS WOULD BE A NICE PLACE FOR A WITTY JOKE) or (BOOOOOOOOOOOBS!).  Using these notes I am able to go back and add on finishing touches to my blog on Blogger itself.  SO I go to add the famous Eliphas Levi Baphomet image, you know, that one.  Its appearance is supposed to be between the quote from the Gnostic Creed and the tongue-in-cheek "Baphomet iz TEH SATIN" paragraph.  So I put in the picture, and blogger decides to go "fuck you, I'm putting this image at the top of the blog!"






No problem, so I delete the image, go back between the quote and first paragraph, I go to put in an image, I paste the URL of the image, and confirm..... back at the top again.  Hm?  So I go to the beginning of the paragraph...

...I open the Insert Image window...

...I copy the URL...

...I confirm...

ME: This better go into the blog where I want it to go!

BLOGGER: Fuck you, I'm putting this image at the top of the blog!

ME: Here goes nothing *clicks*

BLOGGER: *in stereotypical Irish accent* Top o' the blog to ye!




I never knew why some people make money off of blogs.  I know, one day, I might be that guy and have Google AdSense on this blog, so I can make a little profit off of this blog, but some people make whole careers off of blogging.  What I didn't know was that blogging sometimes involves real, physical pain, like I headache I have right now.  It's not a big one, just a small throbbing, as if there was a little six year old in my head throwing a temper tantrum.

And now for something completely different....




No comments:

Post a Comment