Saturday, December 15, 2012

Procrastination, Work, and an Impound

Procrastination sucks, especially when tied up with work...

For those who want to know, I finally got a part time job that is seasonal, so far, not only have I not been paid, but I have somehow found a way to dig myself even deeper into the red.  And with all of this just bearing down on me, blogging is the least of my concerns.  Blogging, for all I care, could crawl into a hole and diiiiieeeee!

A lot has happened in the D&D campaign, so a short summary of what happened is in order soon.  For the most part, say goodbye to about 90% of the party, including my dear Lazlo.  But you will be introduced to his brother Amadeus, a paladin who is not your typical lawful stupid paladin and has a tendency to fight in the nude.

My job.  I sell toys and phone app products at a kiosk in a nearby mall, not close enough to be local, yet not too far to be a jaunt (to me, a jaunt is the distance between where I live to either New York City or Philadelphia).  It's an interesting job, and it makes me realize that I both want to and don't want to be a father one day.  For example, one day, a little girl will come up to me, introduce me to her teddy bear, and ask me to hug it.  So. Fucking. Adorable!

And then you have the occasional kid that comes up and in a hyperglycemic fit, says: "ohmygodcanIplaywiththetoygunprettyprettypleasecanIplaywiththetoygunIpromisenottobreakitIswearprettyprettypleaseIwantmymommytobuythisandthedrivingoneandthehelicopterandthehoverthingyandthisandthisand..."

I could really go for boneless buffalo wings from Applebees, and some rum, and maybe something to knock me out for three days.  I know thats a random channel surf, but after that little paragraph, its needed lmfao.

So I owe my very dear friend who goes to Temple University in Philly about $250.  I went to see her over my birthday and didn't check my park job.  Usually I park and go fuck all, and let others deal with my parking.  Well, sometimes they call in tow trucks to deal with bad park jobs, and sometimes these tow people are rotten crooks that, despite doing a necessary job to make sure travel and parking continue like a well oiled machine, do it in such a way that turns your wallet into a beer tap, your money the beer, and they have an aching need to get rip roaring drunk.

I am so thankful to my friend for helping me through that tough little sticky whicket.  But now I have to pay her back, being a good friend and all, and this seasonal job is not paying, being sucky with payroll and all.

And thus, procrastination, and tis blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment