Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Doozy

Boy Hurricane (and yes, hurricane, not super-storm or stormaggedon, or the end of the world, see my previous post for all about that) Sandy was a doozy!

Not much to report, survived the storm, survived a power outage, and survived cabin fever (Skype Mobile with a very amazing person helped out a lot).  Not much to report, only to let everyone know that I am okay.

To any of my readers who were also affected by the storm, I hope you are okay to.  I hope you didn't lose too much, and I hope what was lost can eventually be replaced or fixed.  And remember, in the end, I hope you have the most important thing, people to be with at this time.  Some people find the idea of the power of love and friendship to be a sappy cliche, but it is a cliche for a reason, because it freaking works.

Kitties showing off a good example of friendship
 
May the Gods watch over and bless you.  It's not often I get all spiritual, but in the face of this, it's hard not to.  May you be wrapped in the arms of the Goddess and guarded by her aegis.  May the Spirits of Place ward you as you return to your homes if you lived in an area really affected by the storms.
Last but not least, I hope you can find joy in the moment.  Some people like to just dive on into the depression moments like this can cause, especially when there is confusion and hype.  Find some joy, find something humorous despite it all, that way, you know your soul hasn't been defeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment