Friday, April 15, 2016

You're a Guy, a Lehigh Valley Guy

And I'll always be a Lehigh Valley Guy.

I took time away from this blog because life happened.  We trade in our hobbies for suits and our happiness for slaving away at a full time job when life happens.  We find true love when life happens, that shining golden moment when we find our true love.  We rediscover, we grow, we adult hardcore, we learn.  We make blogs that crumble apart within two posts and reinvent our worldviews when life happens.  And we discover ourselves.

Since my 2015 post, I got engaged to my soulmate, Krista.  We moved to Florida soon after, in early October.  I felt like that was the end of the Lehigh Valley Guy.  You kind of have to be in the Lehigh Valley to be the Guy.  But as fate would have it, we are planning to move back at the end of the year, after we wed and the apartment lease ends.  We miss the Valley, we miss our friends and family.  Not to say that Florida sucks, Florida has wonderful flora and fauna, which is good for our budding photography business.  However, we discovered within ourselves that we are not Floridians.  We are our homelands in some respect.  Ours is on the banks of the Delaware River.

I created a blog called Chest in the Attic.  This is me saying that that blog is being subsumed into this one as a bi-monthly column.  Table Plan and Table Stories are being brought back in this, as well as any unboxings, reviews, and such.  It makes it easier to write a regular column if I take the time to write what I want within reason, instead of heavily restricting myself like I did.  That page will be changing up.

When I return up north I will also be doing columns about stuff going on in the Valley.  Local shit, I know, but its a part of me.  As I have said in a way early post, this blog is me in a way.  And hey, we are close enough to Philly and NYC, so I guess it is more than local (ie, more Comic-Con coverage).  Speaking of personal stuff; I will promote my partner's photography on here like I'm Bill Clinton illegally promoting Hillary at the polls.  Maybe not the best allusion, but I'm sure you catch my drift.

A wise woman once told me, write what you know.  That woman is my mother.  It's high time I listen to her when it comes to blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment